Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. ~Pablo Picasso

Change red color to white in Photoshop

Tutorial Description: How to change the red color of the toy car to white using Photoshop.
Software: Photoshop
This is the output we will be doing.
Demo photo source: http://media.photobucket.com/image/aston%20martin%20db5/vaferman/ASTON%20MARTIN/DSCN1882.jpg?o=16

  1. Open the photo in Photoshop.
  2. Duplicate the image. Image > Duplicate
  3. Open the Channel Mixer. Goto Image > Adjustments > Channel Mixer
  4. In the Channel Mixer dialog box, tick Monochrome. Adjust the Source Channels as you like, but not too much. In this example I only adjusted the Red Source Channel to 112%. Click OK when you're done.
  5. This is how it looks now.
  6. Optional: Open the Levels dialog box. Goto Image > Adjustments > Levels. Adjust the lightness a bit. In this example, I moved the middle pointer a bit to the left. Click OK.
  7. It's almost done. All we have to do is mask the red color on the car to show this monochrome image over it.
  8. Finished image.
  9. I hope this would be of help. This tutorial shows only how I do it my way. I that a hard time using Replacement tools in changing it to white. So I ended up doing it like this. Please comment if you can give more tips on doing this. (´・ω・`)

No comments:

Post a Comment