|This is the output we will be doing.|
- Open the photo in Photoshop.
- Duplicate the image. Image > Duplicate
- Open the Channel Mixer. Goto Image > Adjustments > Channel Mixer
- In the Channel Mixer dialog box, tick Monochrome. Adjust the Source Channels as you like, but not too much. In this example I only adjusted the Red Source Channel to 112%. Click OK when you're done.
- This is how it looks now.
- Optional: Open the Levels dialog box. Goto Image > Adjustments > Levels. Adjust the lightness a bit. In this example, I moved the middle pointer a bit to the left. Click OK.
- It's almost done. All we have to do is mask the red color on the car to show this monochrome image over it.